Start Date: ASAP – April 2020
Afia’s Food is a proven concept early stage business with multi-award winning products in its portfolio: Great Taste, FreeFromFoods, Quality Choice Awards under the brand Afia’s Samosa Shop. Specialising in artisan and free-from and gluten-free Indian food, mostly frozen: samosa, pakora, flatbreads. Plus pickles.
After years of research and developing we are now ready to take our product range to the consumers, UK nationwide. To do this is we have exciting growth plans. As a result, Afia’s is looking to recruit experienced Pastry Chef.
This position is not for the average person, but for a hard working ambitious individual, prepared to go hands in. One who is prepared to accept full responsibility of the company’s complete range of handmade high end artisan free-from products. From the delivery of raw ingredients, prepping, cooking, to fully packaged and labelled end products ready for dispatch. Take responsibility for (but not limited to):
- Come on board to drive the vast volume of manufacturing whilst maintaining excellent quality standards and assist with audits
- Keep accurate detailed HACCP and production records at all times ready for on the spot inspections and audits
- A good knowledge and practices associated with food allergens, cross contamination prevention is critical
- All products hand made to high quality standard for high end sales. No automation. Have an eye for detail. Ensure minimal to no waste. Work with Afia (founder) to develop leaner and more efficient methods to put into practice for speedier output
- Work under the supervision of the Kitchen Chef Manager, assist with training new kitchen team members: bring the best out of your colleagues, and maintain excellent morale
- Ensure continuous safety of the team
- Ensuring the volume, quality and safety of all food production in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working within a large kitchen or manufacturing facility as a Pastry Chef and understand the importance of complying with food safety regulations
- Assist with research and product development as required with the founder Afia
This is a full time position which may eventually lead to shift pattern as the business grows. With business growth career progression is possible. All product production training will be with Afia herself.
Afia’s growing food business / manufacturer has exceptional plans for the future and therefore, for the right person this role is for a long-term career. Allowing the Pastry Chef to grow alongside the business and develop from an individual perspective really forging your own destiny in Food Manufacturing. Please note a strict Non-Disclosure Agreement will be necessary on taking up this position to protect the companies Intellectual Properties.
Applicant must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs, 2 of which must be maths and English
- A minimum 2:2 degree in culinary arts or equivalent with experience combined with food production or equivalent
- Strong work ethics, working alone and as a team
- Organisation, record keeping, communication, problem solving and time management
The selection process will include:
- Application closing date: ASAP
- Interview date: weekend or evenings by agreement
- a practical and problem solving session, with a one-to-one interview
Start date: ASAP
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of and you have a proven background in Pasty Chef then send in your CV with a covering letter to Afia Akram at firstname.lastname@example.org