Updated: 02 January 2020
1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by Afia's Food Limited.
2. To be eligible for a return, your non-food and or non-perishable food item must be un-opened and unused, in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
3. We at Afia’s Food Limited want to provide you with 100% satisfaction. If for any reason you are not entirely happy or wish to cancel your order just send us an email 24-hours before your order dispatch date (excluding weekends, bank holidays, and 17th December-5th January of each year). We will not be able to accept cancellation after this point due to our produce being perishable, your order may already be in the system delivery system the courier services, and in-line with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014.
4. Frozen, chilled and fresh food products are exempt from being returned for a refund because they are perishable.
5. Gift vouchers cannot be returned for full or partial refund. The full value of the gift voucher not used within the valid period from purchase date will expire and is non-refundable.
6. If an item was purchased with a gift voucher then a purchase credit voucher will be given of equal value of the item paid.
7. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a non-food and or non-perishable food purchase you have made within 7 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price paid for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us.
8. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty but were not described properly) within 7 working days.
9. If the non-food item and or non-perishable food item you purchased are faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund and returning the item as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
10. Once your return is received and inspected, we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
11. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
12. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
13. If an item was purchased with a gift voucher then a purchase credit will be given of equal value of the item paid.
14. If a non-food item and or non-perishable food item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt, please contact us before making the purchase.
15. If your food order is damaged on arrival please sign for it as damaged. If there is interior damage please take a digital photograph and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the consignment number of your parcel so that we, in turn, can validate the claim for the damage from our courier service provider.
16. If your order has not arrived by 6pm (or 10pm during December month) on the expected delivery date please inform us by email (email@example.com) as soon as possible. We will try to find out why delivery was not made and arrange a replacement order be sent.
17. Your parcel items are perishable - time and temperature sensitive. For this reason, if you are not going to be at the delivery address please make sure you let us know where your parcel can be left either a safe place, with neighbour, or a delivery address different to the billing address. This could be a family or friend, or your workplace.
18. PLEASE ensure you provide us with the correct location or destination postcode. We can’t be held responsible if you provide an incorrect address or postcode or package goes missing from the "leave safe" location given. This could save you a trip to your local depot which can be a long way from home! Plus, your items may perish - no replacement order will be sent in these cases. We will email you with tracking details the day before delivery. It’s your responsibility to be available to accept the parcel or provide alternative instructions.
19. If neither a personal handover nor a delivery to a neighbour is possible, nor a leave at a safe place is offered by you, a leave at a safe place is quoted but isn't accessible by the delivery driver, you will be in default of acceptance. Afia's Food Limited and our delivery service providers will not attempt a further delivery. You are obliged to bear all expenses related to aforesaid default of acceptance. No refunds will be given as a result of such your goods perish.